Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It goes in the book




Years ago, whenever a recipe I made turned out well and met with Jeremy and Jenna's approval, I would add it to my "Recipe" file on my computer. I print them out and put them in a three ring binder (with the plastic sheet protectors so it holds up well in the kitchen). It has become the ultimate compliment when I try something new and one of the kids says "It goes in the book." When Jeremy moved out of the house a couple of years ago, I printed his favorite recipes, put them in a binder and gave it to him with a few kitchen essentials as a housewarming gift. Since he's moved back into the house - he was looking through my book and decided he needed the 2008 updated version - I've added some yummy stuff.
So last night, Jeremy and I are watching Guy Fieri on the Food Network. Guy was making a grown up version of one of my staples when the kids were little and I was working full time AND going to school: chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. He was making Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders and Mac Daddy Mac' and Cheese. You can get the recipes here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/guy-off-the-hook/downhome-diner/index.html Jeremy and I made this for dinner tonight. Oh MAN is it good!!! Man oh man oh man!!! The best part: Jeremy said, "It goes in the book."

4 comments:

Brenda said...

i gotta try this!

MisterG said...

That even looks like something I could make for a group and avoid the awful 'walk of shame'

Rachael Papes said...

Yummy! I think that even my kids will eat this.

Katt said...

Guy is my favorite show on the food network! Good idea on the book I need to start something!