Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Time to Weep

Saying good-bye to Daddy was hard. I knew it would be hard. What does a Daddy's girl do without her Daddy? Mike prepared a beautiful tribute to our Dad. One of Dad's favorite gospel songs was sung. Friends spoke about Dad's wonderful sense of humor. By far the hardest part was the inurnment service. Seeing both Mom and Dad's names on the plaque was so sad. And I so wanted to touch my Mom, just once. She was right there - waiting for Daddy. I am comforted knowing they are together.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

i wanted to touch mom, too. i miss her so much.

very happy that they are together again, but so sorry it had to happen so soon.

reariall

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have had such awesome parents. Now that I have children The thought of four in four years is amazing!! And she used cloth diapers...really it's incredible! I love them. what great examples for me to have had in my life!

Love you
Dawn
-buryoupr

Unknown said...

Stop making me cry at work. Seriously. I love you mom.. I miss them so much. I'm glad they're together too.

Jenna
-eagill