Saturday, July 17, 2010

Birthday update

So my amazing, wonderful, sweet, thoughtful, kind, good-looking children came over on my birthday to hang out with me.  They gave up a Saturday for me!!!  I think that's huge for two 20-something adult children to give up a Saturday for their Mama.  I requested burgers, fruit salad and a coca cola cake.  Don't judge the menu choice.  I AM a burger and fries kinda girl.  They brought flowers!!


         Jeremy was "nominated" to brave the heat and grill the burgers.  Sirloin burgers.
                             
                Jenna was in charge of bacon.  Gary, who's your favorite niece?  :)
Mmmmmm, bacon.
They baked a Coca Cola Cake.
Think candy bar meets can of soda.  So good!!
Then the doorbell rang and a delivery man was holding these:

from my fabulous sister!!!  There aren't any pictures of ME at this birthday celebration, so here is a reenactment of me finding out who the flowers were from:
It was a Saturday, so Marlon couldn't be there.  But he did come by after work to spend time with me.  It was a really good day.  I feel very loved.

3 comments:

Rachael Papes said...

I love the reenactment photo. Very clever. You have some good kids. I hope mine turn out so well!

Anonymous said...

Love the re-enactment photo as well! So happy you had a great birthday. You deserve it!

Unknown said...

Yeah she cried when we brought in flowers, then again when Brenda's came. I kept saying "THIS IS HAPPY OCCASION! STOP CRYING!"