Saturday, July 3, 2010

100th Post

100 posts?  That's amazing.  Who knew I had so much to blog about.  What should I blog about for my 100th post?  I know:  ME!!!  Since today is my birthday, let's talk about me.  Today is the 22nd anniversary of my 27th birthday.  My brothers would like to have you believe I'm 55 today.  No, I am not.  I am 49 today.  Or 27, for the 22nd time.  I was just Googling "Anniversary gifts by year" to find out what the traditional gift is for a 22nd anniversary.  Most sources list gifts for years 1 through 15, then they skip ahead to 20 and 25.  What happens for years 16, 17, 18 and 19?  At that point most couples probably have teenage children, so forget about gifts for each other - they have teenagers to deal with, right?  One source has all the traditional anniversary gifts listed, it also throws in a "modern" gift category.  For a 22nd anniversary they suggest copper.  Copper?  Are they kidding?  "Here's a penny.  Love ya, happy anniversary." No wonder they skip ahead to 25.  Bring on the silver.  That's something I can work with.  Silver frames, silver candlesticks, silver earrings.  Keep the copper.  I'll just wait a few more years for the silver.  Unless you REALLY want to throw some copper my way. 

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Copper Anniversary, Lori. I looked online for copper jewelry but nothing seemed pretty enough. Have a wonderful day with your wonderful children!


spers

Brenda said...

I just looked back to see how many blog posts I had. My 100th post was the one titled "Thank you, Lori!" about my Coach butterfly tote. Gotta love that!




watents

mikieg said...

Forget about the penny, 90 percent zinc, copper is to expensive, happy 22nd birthday anniversary



pallasho

Rachael Papes said...

I have a large can of spare change... all those little pennies add up. I think I end up with about 300.00 a year in spare change.

Happy late birthday!!

Rachael Papes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

4:57am mom? Really? On your birthday? You're one crazy lady! I hope you had a good birthday! Where are the pictures??!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Aunt!!