Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


My work took the employees to the Diamondback's game on Saturday. Our seats were in the new all-you-can-eat section. Who better to go with me to an all-you-can-eat event than my favorite boy!!! The all-you-can-eat is typical ball park food: popcorn, peanuts, chips, hot dogs, soda and water. I guess there was a ball game going on - we were too busy playing with the cool features on Jeremy's cell phone and eating hot dogs to watch it! Have you ever noticed that Jeremy has his Mother's smile?

On Sunday, Jeremy was out of town. He was given tickets to the Diamondback's game - so Jenna and I used them. We're not huge baseball fans - but Jenna is a huge fan of nachos and I am now a huge fan of Gordon Biersch's garlic french fries. Seriously good stuff. The Diamondback's were playing the Washington National's, I have no idea who won the game we were distracted by all the eating, and posting this really cute picture on Jenna's Facebook. Umm, Jenna? Has anybody told you that you look like your Mother?

When we got home from the game, Jenna, my good child, gave me the ultimate Mother's Day gift: she cleaned my bathroom. I love a clean bathroom - that I didn't have to clean myself! And she showed off the skills she's learning in college. She made Chocolate Mousse, from scratch. Not my kind of scratch: chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. Nope. For real from scratch: whipping cream, eggs, sugar and Ghirardelli chocolate. Five bowls, four spatulas and a double boiler later we had Chocolate Mousse. It was Sooooo good! My mother-in-law, Jeri, came for dinner and got to share in the chocolatey goodness. (Jenna put on that apron for you, Brenda!!)

I have good kids. I really do.

4 comments:

Rachael Papes said...

Jenna is so tall. How can she reach the counter to mix stuff?

Brenda said...

where'd you get an alaskan beer apron?!?!?

cassie made chocolate mousse a few months ago (must have been thanksgiving or christmas?). it was SO rich we couldn't even eat it all. yummy.

saw your photo on facebook. jenna's friends were commenting on your cleavage and how HOT you are. ;-)


rhani

Unknown said...

Ha that was my aunt sherene... so don't worry. And she said your clevege looks very nice. Everyone be happy.

Anonymous said...

Good Kids!