Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good news/bad news

Whenever anyone starts a conversation with you saying, "I have good news and bad news" you know that even if the good news is really, really good . . . it's not going to be good news. So started the conversation with my boss today. "I have good news and bad news," he said. The bad news is that car sales have not picked up. December was a much better month than October and November, but still not great. Two more people were going to be laid off from our office staff. The good news is I wasn't one of them. The bad news, the remaining staff are being asked to take a pay cut. Ouch.

I am very, very thankful to still have a job. Truly.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Not fun. I'm glad you still have a job, too.

Every payday I say to Lolly "Thank you for letting me work here." Usually she just laughs. Today she said "No. Thank YOU for working here."

Employment is good.

MisterG said...

So the good news is mostly good and the bad news applies to others. Not a bad situation.
The other good news is that all of your kids are willing to support you in the manner to which you wish to become accustomed. Won't they?

mikestribe said...

Ow, I know that at the machine shop we are getting a little busier, but each day i am thankful for what I have to do, with comission there is not really a pay cut just a lack of work which results in a smaller check, hang in there, people will have to buy something sometime, you know the quality they cant last forever.
mikie

Unknown said...

I'm sorry. I'm a starving college student.. well not so starving now that I moved home. I do not have the funding to support her in the lavish manner to which she has become accustomed. I'm glad you have a job too. :)