Saturday, January 3, 2009

Breakfast of champions

My family cracks me up. Chips and dip, cookies and cheetos for breakfast!!! My kind of eating!!! I really don't like breakfast. Yes, I know, it's the most important meal of the day blah blah blah. I'm just not ready to eat until about 10:30 in the morning. And by then I'm HUNGRY. If I could have brunch every day, that would be perfect, especially if it was served with a mimosa. Yumm. But since I'm at my desk by 7:30 every morning the everyday brunch idea just won't work. So what am I supposed to eat? I don't like cereal- cold milk on dry cereal. Yuck. Mushy. Icky. I'm picky about my eggs. I really don't like eggs. I can eat them if they're scrambled - even better if they're scrambled with some ham and cheese in them. But I won't take the time in the morning before work to cook something. My favorite things to grab for breakfast and how I justify them:

Sun Chips. Made from whole grains. Says so on the bag.
Oatmeal cookies. Round granola bars. Add raisins and you also add another food group.
Tater tots. Portable hash browns. Potatoes are a vegie, right?
Cheeseburger. I LOVE a warmed up Burger King double cheeseburger for breakfast! Or a warmed up Arby's roast beef sandwich.
Pumpkin pie. The traditional Lori's family day after Thanksgiving breakfast. Aren't all the food groups represented in pumpkin pie?

I'll pass on the cold pizza. That's just gross.

6 comments:

MisterG said...

Pumpkin pie is just fine for breakfast. it is triangular, just like the food pyramid. What's not to like about that. Apple isn't that good, gets all sticky on the steering wheel.
I like the Owens, or Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits. Gives you the feel that you slaved over a hot microwave for more that 66 seconds!

mikestribe said...

All of those would be good, but I am one of those that like the cold pizza, somethinng about the snap of cold mozzarella cheese, and the grease is more manageable.
Whoppers used to be great for breakfast, when they were only 99 cents.

The other sister said...

Mmmmm. Congealed grease in the morning. :P I found Whoppers at the 99cent store at Christmas time. The package is snack size, though. Do you ever wonder who they're marketing these "snack size" packages to? 'Cause if you ask me, you need 3 or 4 of them to be considered a snack.

Diamond G said...

Now that there is funny Whoppers by Burger king or Hershey. Burger king whoppers better warm. Hershey whoppers better cold. Leftover pizza pan fry to warm it up, no soggy crust.
G

Unknown said...

I agree with everything but the cheeseburgers. Ew. Reheated lettuce? No thank you. Pumpkin pie? Oh yes! You can eat it like a slice of pizza in the car. Mom, when you make banana bread you eat it... maybe you should do that... alright fine. I just really want some banana bread.

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree that cold pizza is gross!!! I do enjoy all of the other things though. When I am trying to be healthy I like a protein shake, or scrambled eggs on toast, or a handful of almonds and a glass of milk. But really the best thing is a BOSTON CREAM donut from Dunkin Donuts, hits the spot!