Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Orphans, year one

Doesn't seem like it's been a year already.   I know we still miss them both, every day.  Sometimes it just smacks you in the face - how much you miss them.  At odd times.  Like driving to the tax accountant's office.  Out of the blue it hits and the tears flow.  Not as often to be sure, but still as sorrowful.  It depends on what I'm doing, which one I miss more.  Groundhog day:  I missed Dad.  Baking a red velvet cake:  I missed Mom.

We made it through the first year.   I love my siblings.  The GFource.  Us orphans.  We are strong people, with senses of humor that get us through and keep us laughing.  Because if we're not laughing, we'd be crying.  And laughing is better.  I'm so glad we have Gillespie humor.  Not everybody understands it .  But they should.

5 comments:

mikieg said...

I almost posted exactly the same thing as your title, Orphans one year later. Great minds do think alike.

Rachael Papes said...

It's to sad. I don't like to see the sad stuff. Especially when it happens to me, and the people I love.
Taking a computer class... miss grandpa
See tang at Costco... miss grandma.

Brenda said...

We do have the best family, don't we? I love you all.


cledfung

Diamond G said...

Last week I had the CPR/AED first aid class at work. It was like an 8 hour reminder that dad had his heart attack that day.



linstso

Rachael Papes said...

I miss your posts Lori. Where have you gone to? Did blogger lose you to facebook?