Saturday, September 12, 2009

Retail therapy

It's been awhile since I had some really good retail therapy. I'm due. Plus, I NEEDED a dress for New York. Did I mention Jenna and I are going to New York?!!!! I'm sooooo excited!! We've got a whole bunch of stuff planned: Wicked, Stomp, Phantom of the Opera. So, I needed a dress. I was dreading shopping for one - I really hate the overhead lights, the fun house mirrors (oh you know they are!!) and the fact that you have to get almost completely naked over and over again with all of your "stuff" out there in the open, spotlighted and nothing ever fits right. Ugh. Surprisingly, it turned out to be really fun. Linda at Dillard's was really helpful and picked out at least 12 dresses for me - most of which I would never have tried on. I got this one:
It looks exactly like that on me, I just have shorter hair. HA!!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

i love it! really wanted to see it ON you, but this will do. really jealous that you're going to new york, but happy for you, too. have a wonderful time! don't get mugged!



ingrairc

Diamond G said...

That chick is hot. Marlon is going to let you go lookin like that?
Take some HE.


tishaea

The other sister said...

Um . . . there are laws about taking HE's on airplanes. Were you not aware of that?

Emilee said...

Oooh I bet that will look AMAZING on you! I love it! Hope you have a great time! You'll have to tell me all about it so I'll be prepared when I go :)

mikestribe said...

You are amazing, the dress will just bring it to everyone's attention.