Monday, February 2, 2009

Honor Thy Father



It's Groundhog Day. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. Hey - it was 72 degrees today. Bring on more winter!!! A tradition started by Daddy (and followed by the rest of us because we inherited his sick sense of humor), breakfast on this day should be pancakes and sausage. Why? Because sausage is: (go ahead, say it with me) ground hog. So, to honor my father, and because I still don't do breakfast, dinner tonight was pancakes and sausage. Pass the syrup.

4 comments:

mikestribe said...

Scrambled eggs and sausage burrito's for dinner, you know it takes some doing to get others to realize what groundhog day is really all about.
Thanks Dad
mikie

Anonymous said...

I love me some ground hog!! I actually had sausage wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar and maple syrup yesterday. YUMMY!!! And my family especially likes breakfast for dinner, there is no crying at the table on those nights!
Dawn

MisterG said...

It surely makes sense to me. And as an encore, we made GroundHog Cookies for the small group Bible study on THAT day. A little gingerbread ground hog sticking up out of a snow iced ginger-dirt cookie base. Must have worked. Ten people made about 40 of the little guys never see their shadow ever again.
Eat sausage and live happily ever after.
Mr.G.

Diamond G said...

This years feast is being postponed. Last year had a few friends over to do the breakfast thing. After which we went and oxidized some nitrates. Then returned to sample some home brew.

Ah, I like me beer like I likes me women, cold and bitter.