Saturday, November 15, 2008

Date night

It's not very often that I have an actual date on a Saturday night. I was lucky tonight that one of my favorite dinner companions was free. He's always fun to spend time with. He has great stories, he's a good listener, he can talk to ANYBODY about anything - never a lull in the conversation. And he knows a lot about a lot of stuff! A change in plans doesn't faze him a bit. I had wanted to go to a favorite place for chicken fried steak. When we got there - we found it's no longer open for dinner. It's open for breakfast and lunch. Not a problem - he could name several other places that serve good chicken fried steak, plan B at the ready. I don't know how he does it, but all the girls want to spend time with him! He was bragging about picking up a sweet young college thing just last weekend and having dinner with her. He had lunch with a different college girl the month before. I don't know how he spreads all that love around without making anybody jealous. He has a knack for it - and he keeps us wanting more. I love you, Daddy!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

what do you mean, nobody's jealous? i'm totally jealous!

nice lookin' date you got yourself there.

Anonymous said...

I think you mean to say he knows everything about everything! He is the smartest person I know.Were you trying to eat at the Back eyed pea? I love that place.