Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Singing in my head


Because I am the Payroll Goddess at work, part of my job is overseeing our companies open enrollment for benefits. Everybody hates open enrollment. Insurance is expensive, it's confusing and it sucks. And because I'm the Payroll Goddess, I have to hear about it. ALL DAY. I've been singing that song in my head, "It's the most wonderful time of the year". That's pretty much the only line I remember, so it's been on repeat, all day long. I know it's a Christmas song, but I'm choosing to apply it to open enrollment. I've been absorbing a whole lot of negative energy today and to get rid of it I'm singing Christmas songs in my head. If you've heard me sing, be thankful that you're not in my head, too!

2 comments:

mikestribe said...

Actually I have heard you sing and it wasn't too shabby. Christmas songs are always a good way to lighten the load. Love ya, hope you have a better day today.

Brenda said...

i read recently that the way to get a song out of your head is to listen to it all the way through. or listen to something else. you might try "best day ever" from the spongebob squarepants movie soundtrack. another great song.