Saturday, October 17, 2009

Makeover America

Rita, the GM's Assistant at work wanted to know if I'd like to go to Macy's today to see Makeover America, with Clinton Kelly from TLC's What Not to Wear. Ummmm . . . . YES!!! He's going across the country, selecting 15 women from each area, taking them shopping at Macy's and making them over. I happened to sit next to a lady whose daughter, Blair, had been selected for a makeover. Clinton shows the before photo, talks about each woman's challenges, then the "new" woman struts the runway in her Macy's outfit. Blair's challenge was that she is a 23 year old plus size young woman, having a really hard time dressing like she's 23. The stylists put her in a gorgeous purple empire waist dress with tights and boots. New hair, new makeup - she looked fabulous! Her mother was so proud! And Clinton is as adorable up close as he is on TV. What a fun afternoon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous!!!!!

Rachael Papes said...

How did I miss this?? Kat is always telling me I need to go on what not to wear! I can't believe I missed it.

mikestribe said...

This sounds like so much fun!