Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Mom!

For 15 years, that's how my children have greeted me on Father's Day. I have been the parent that is involved in their lives, who lets them know on a daily basis that I care and that they are important, special and loved. I think I love them enough for two people, I'm always there for them no matter what they need, and have tried really hard to be both Mom AND Dad. So I think I get twice the love back. Even though I'm not the center of their worlds anymore (which happens when our babies grow up), I am still one of the first people they call when something bad happens, something good happens, something funny happens or they just need someone to tell them that everything will be alright.

This Daddy's Girl is missing her Daddy today. But I am blessed to have had him for a Dad, to be my role model when I needed to be a Dad to my kids. Thank you, Daddy. I love you. I miss you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT YOUR NOT ALWAYS THE CENTER OF THE WORLD!?
You're a great aunt! Happy father's Day from the Whites!

perweat

mikestribe said...

Those are bout the same feelings I had today, and being that I was speaking today in church, the rest of the meridian ward know how I feel about my dad.
I miss him too

Rachael Papes said...

It's hard to fill all those shoes. You have done a fantastic job of it though. Those are some good kids...

Unknown said...

Hey. Stop making me cry. It's annoying from time to time.

I love you mom. You're still the center of my world but my world's just a lot bigger now. :)

astope